Wednesday, November 25, 2015

I'm Back Baby

Due to a combination of interest from people, and my own itch to be more creative, I'm going to be posting here again! The schedule will be every Friday, but I'll do a quick one today as a catch up on where I've been.

It's been almost two years to the day since my last post here. In that time I've been to lots of conventions, made lots of new friends, and played lots of games. Some of my opinions from earlier posts have changed, a lot of the world has changed, but it's amazing how many things stay the same. Going back and reading over my old posts, I find myself agreeing with almost everything still, but nearly all of my older posts are about games, the games industry, or conventions. With this "re-boot" of the blog, I'm going to expand my topics a little. I want to write more about relationships, life, social issues, and overall trends of global activity. This may lead to some people realizing that they butt heads with me on some topics, that's okay! I want to start a dialogue, you can always leave a comment here and I'll do my best to respond. If you feel like I'm out of line or that my opinions are dumb please tell me why! I want to be able to have healthy discussion with people about controversial topics like politics.

Additionally, here's a short list of things that have changed about me in the last two years (which I may or may not write more about):


  • I'm now the Tournament Organizer for the largest Smash 4 scene in New England (and leadership is hard)
  • I discovered that Minecraft is super fun (but only if you mod it)
  • It turns out that I'm a massive sucker for consumerism, despite earlier rantings to the contrary (the allure of Halo 5 was too strong)
  • Getting engaged taught me that feelings are just one part of a successful relationship (love is a choice, whether you make that choice is up to you)
  • I'm very excited for the new Star Wars movie (and it's a struggle every day to not cave and buy Star Wars Battlefront)


While I figure out what I want to write about for Friday, take some time to read over my old blog posts if you're new here. They'll give you an idea on the structure of these things, and give you some insight into how I tick. Alternatively, if you're in the mood to watch quick videos featuring a fast talking British teacher, check out CGPGrey's YouTube channel. He has five minute videos on a number of topics ranging from "What challenges are robots and automation going to bring to the global economy?" to "Why does the United States have a two-party political system? (hint: it's math)", and I find him to be an excellent jumping off point for learning about a topic. Seriously though, watch this video of his, it's really eye-opening:





That's all for now, check back Friday afternoons for more.

No comments:

Post a Comment