Tuesday, February 12, 2013

About Me: The Blog Post


When I made this blog, I decided that was going to try to avoid making posts about myself. I mean, every post is technically about me, but all of them are just posts about my opinions on things. I created this blog for multiple reasons, but mainly just to get my opinions on various matters written down for all to see. However, necessity dictates that I do a post about my adventures, since next week is going to be quite busy for me.

This upcoming weekend, February 15th – 17th, I’ll be at Katsu-Con, in National Harbor, Maryland. One of the original reasons I started this blog was to have a place to recount my convention-going adventures (hence the name Wandering Gamer), however this is the first convention I will actually be going to since the blog was created. I've never been to Katsu-Con before, so I'm not exactly sure what to expect, but I have a basic idea. I'll be going with some friends, however I'm the one who get to drive across 4 states to get there, so that'll be fun. If you are going to Katsu-Con, keep an eye out for me, I'll be in my trademark Pikmin shirt:



The other piece of big news is that I'll be starting my new job after getting back from Katsu-Con. It only took nearly two years of job hunting to find a job in my field, but what can you do. This new job will be taking up a lot more of my time than my old job did, so I may have to change to a bi-weekly update schedule. I hope I don’t have to do that, especially with several conventions coming up that I’ll want to post about, so believe that I'm going to do everything in my power to keep making posts every Tuesday.

So next week expect a “Reflections from Katsu-Con” post about what I saw there. I'll include any games I got to play, anything interesting I saw, and pictures, lots of pictures. There will also be several more of the convention reflection posts coming, with PAX East, Anime Boston, and Boston Comic-Con all within a few weeks of each other. Now if you’ll excuse me, I need to get back to Fire Emblem: Awakening, which I’m pretty sure has eaten my soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment